Hello future fellow Weirdo. Are you ready for a change when it comes to Internships? Would you rather be a pirate than join the Navy? An Internship where you do fun, creative and meaningful work that will not help build valuable skills for your future career but also let you feel good about yourself at the end of the day? Then do we have a job for you! Welcome to the Weird Homes Tour where Less is a Bore.
The Weird Homes Tour holds virtual and in-person home tours of creative and interesting homes and homeowners around the United States. We are a social impact startup that gives back to affordable housing nonprofits and we are looking for an outgoing web-savvy content strategy intern for a fast-paced start-up environment.
You will gain valuable event production, content strategy, marketing, sales, HTML, SEO, copywriting and even entrepreneurial skills as well as building your personal network.
Internship is unpaid and is for 15 hours a week for course credit. Or is 160 hours for $10.00 an hour.
Some of your duties as our Content Strategy Intern will include :
– Work with management to identify, reach out and secure new homes and homeowners- Creating engaging social media and email content and strategy around homes and events
– Video posting, web site editing, social media monitoring and participation.
– Identifying, pursuing and working with potential sponsors
– Market Research and Competitive Research
– Miscellaneous tasks such as performance reports on analytics (website, video views, email
You should be responsible, and a clear and effective communicator on the phone, email, chat, and in person.
You need to be able to work unsupervised and have your own work environment, as well as occasionally meet in central Austin to discuss tasks and projects.
We live in the Cloud. So will you. Everything we do happens through the Internet. You should be comfortable and adept at using social networking sites, web browser and Google docs. Start-up and event work is dynamic and requires the ability to comfortably adapt and “roll with the punches”.
(Figuratively speaking. Job does not require taking actual punches.)
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $10.00 – $11.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- College: 2 years (Required)
- other work: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Company’s Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings