The Weird Homes Tour is hiring!
5 month Temporary Contract Event Producer for the Portland Weird Homes Tour in Fall 2020
Who we are:
We are a social impact startup that highlights and preserves the weird, whimsical and wonderful people and homes of America’s largest cities. As part of our social impact mission we also give a portion of our profits to fight for affordable housing wherever we go. We are building a community of people that celebrates uniqueness.
- Under the leadership of the Managing Director, help produce and execute 1 home tour in Portland, Oregon of 8-9 homes in 2020.
- Scout and identify qualifying homes in Portland. Conduct initial site visit of home with meeting with the homeowners. Make recommendations to the Managing Director who will make final curatorial decisions.
- Be local point of contact with homeowners as needed.
- With help of the Managing Director, find, convince, educate and wrangle roughly 25-35 volunteers / production staff.
- With the help of founders and Managing Director, market across various channels (email, website, social media, etc) to drive ticket sales.
- Provide logistical planning assistance of event including coordination of tables and tents rentals and fulfillment of sponsorship value.
- With help of Managing Director oversee day of execution and provide assistance as needed.
Four hours per week. Some weekends.
Well qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We will reply to all received resumes.